“My editor, once in my early career when I lost a big story in my computer, told me this: everything is better the second time.” Heather Kempskie shares this story to comfort me as I’m apologizing for losing our original post-RV trip in my quest for the sound of cicadas… Click here to listen to that episode… And the cool thing is that I think she’s right! In this interview we talk about:
- Heather’s big takeaways from their RV trip, which are 1) RVing is super fun, and you can have alone time even in an RV surrounded by your family and 2) it’s important to separate from Wi-Fi sometimes, if only to know who your true friends are
- living for the moment, which really sounds quite hokey but is a great skill to have
- Heather’s new way of bonding with her daughter, combining exercise, nutrition and personal development through a program offered by their local YMCA
- the October 2015 issue of baystateparent’s cover model and Heather’s interview with a Salem ghost tour guide
- baystateparent’s Extraordinary Extracurricular Guide, which you can sign up for right at their website, baystateparent.com
At least half this interview wasn’t even in the original interview; for my part, I’m glad we got to do this redo. I hope you agree!