I’m so excited to bring you this week’s show, all about timeouts!
I announce the name of the parenting book I’m working on right now! And I share some exciting news: the introduction to this book is available for you to read, for free, at Patreon.com/weturnedoutokay!
- This week’s Magic Words for Parents video shares a quick phrase you can use to stop your child’s begging and whining in stores like Target or food shopping. Watch by clicking here to join the We Turned Out Okay Facebook group, or by clicking here to watch in YouTube, where there’s a whole playlist of Magic Words!
- Thanks to all the We Turned Out Okay Patreon patrons, and shout out to Tiffany, our latest patron! Tiffany’s getting some awesome rewards, which you can get too, listen to today’s show and go to Patreon.com/weturnedoutokay for more information : )
Do you find that giving a time out
to your young child is an effective way to change that child’s behavior?
Maybe you find, as one coaching client of mine does, that timeouts become “a battle of wills” and aren’t effective at all.
Maybe your young child runs away from the timeout chair, giggling and leaving you super frustrated…
If so, this is the show for you because today I’m teaching how to effectively discipline your young child!
For notes on today’s episode including my 4-step formula for disciplining effectively, as well as to sign up for my 3 Secrets of Happy Parenting live, online class, go to weturnedoutokay.com/229.
Thanks for listening!
The Short Version:
I am not a fan of timeout.
Too often it does become a battle of wills, plus what do you do if you’ve got more than one recalcitrant child at a time?
As a preschool teacher, putting kids in timeout wouldn’t have worked because we just had too many kids to focus on at once!
Just below, read about my 4-step formula to effectively discipline young children.
What’s frustrating you right now in your parenting?
If you need help, come and join us in the Ninja Parenting Community, where work personally with parents to accomplish three things:
– Change your child’s bad behavior to good behavior
– Feel happy inside
– Truly enjoy family time in a way you never thought possible
If you need help feeling truly happy inside as you are raising your young children, come and join us in the private coaching community where I help parents like you change their mindset – and their child’s behavior – for the better every day.
NPC Parent Coaching Community Membership helps you through:
– Live, members-only calls where you get solutions to your toughest parenting challenges
– Courses on everything from stopping sibling rivalry to what to do instead of spanking
– Parent Coaching Calls that members call “the most helpful part of my Ninja Parenting Community membership”
With all that and more, we have got you covered!
Join the Ninja Parenting Community today and make the time you spend with your young children your favorite time!
Get Help in our Private Coaching Community Today
What to do Instead of Timeout
Here’s my 4-step formula for effectively disciplining young kids:
1) Take ego out of the equation – it may seem like your child has a personal vendetta against you, but that is not the case.
2) Call up your empathy; putting ourselves in our children’s shoes is the root of all good discipline.
3) Help your child understand his or her own feelings
4) Redirect your child toward something positive
Listen to today’s episode to find out exactly how to implement these.
The 3 Secrets of Happy Parenting Class
In today’s episode I share about the live, free, online class I am teaching…
If you want to change your child’s behavior from bad to good, feel happy inside, and start truly enjoying the time you spend with your young kids, you want to take this FREE class.
In it I teach the distillation of everything I have learned about:
– What holds parents up from happiness
– How to change a child’s bad behavior to good
– How to make the time you spend with your kids into happy family time
Click this button for details and to sign up for the 3 Secrets of Happy Parenting Class!
Click Here for the 3 Secrets of Happy Parenting Class
Important WTOO Links
If you need practical advice to deal with your child’s bad behavior, check out my book.
It’s called Positive Discipline Ninja Tactics, and I wrote it especially to help parents handle kids’ tough behavior, because parents need to eliminate the bad before they can be happy at home.
It’s available in Amazon, but since you’re here – since you took the time to come visit weturnedoutokay.com – I want to give you a better deal than Amazon.
Click here for details on Positive Discipline Ninja Tactics!
Click here to check out We Turned Out Okay’s How-to Videos, to learn about how to help your kids eat more fruits and vegetables, how to help when they’re getting in trouble at daycare, and more!