I’m so happy to share
this wonderful conversation with Charlie Hoehn, dad, podcaster, person who helps people publish books, and (most important for our conversation today) author.
Charlie’s book, Play It Away, shares his experience with soul-sucking anxiety, and the simple cure he found.
The thing about this cure is, it’s something humans all do naturally, and it’s as important to us as sleep.
But yet we often grow up and forget how important it is; the lack of this crucial element in Charlie’s life is what caused his terrible anxiety.
If you’re feeling anxious, you are going to love our conversation.
And if you’re not feeling anxious, you’ll still love it because it will help you see the importance of this element in your child’s life.
Shout out this week to new patrons of We Turned Out Okay: Steve, and Sue, who are supporting WTOO in Patreon and getting access to exclusive content, like EXTRA Magic Words for Parents, and Behind-the-Scenes videos!
You can get these great extras too, just by going to Patreon.com/weturnedoutokay!
This week’s Magic Words for Parents video shares a quick phrase you can use to help when your child is feeling overwhelmed by too many choices. Watch by clicking here to join the We Turned Out Okay Facebook group, or by clicking here to watch in YouTube, where there’s a whole playlist of Magic Words!
Thank you for listening to today’s episode!
Key links and show notes – and THE CUTEST picture of Charlie with his little girl! – at weturnedoutokay.com/230.
Links from Today’s Conversation
- Click here for today’s guest’s website, charliehoehn.com, where you can see more on his wonderful book Play It Away.
1a) Click here for the Creative Penn Podcast, where I first heard Charlie share his story about how simple play alleviated his anxiety.
2) Click here for the My Age of Anxiety book.
3) Click here for the We Turned Out Okay episode all about how to know when something’s wrong.
4) Click here for the Wikipedia attachment styles article.
5) Click here for the book Play by Stuart Brown.
6) Click here for the article on “the joyful, illiterate kindergartners of Finland.”
7) Click here for my conversation with Nicole Gardner (who spoke so eloquently about the importance of play and young children.)
8) Click here for the article on the Texas educator who went to Finland.
9) Click here for the amazing book Before Happiness by Shawn Achor.
The 3 Secrets of Happy Parenting Class
In today’s episode I share about the live, free, online class I am teaching…
If you want to change your child’s behavior from bad to good, feel happy inside, and start truly enjoying the time you spend with your young kids, you want to take this FREE class.
In it I teach the distillation of everything I have learned about:
– What holds parents up from happiness
– How to change a child’s bad behavior to good
– How to make the time you spend with your kids into happy family time
Click this button for details and to sign up for the 3 Secrets of Happy Parenting Class!
Click Here for the 3 Secrets of Happy Parenting Class
What’s frustrating you right now in your parenting?
If you need help, come and join us in the Ninja Parenting Community, where work personally with parents to accomplish three things:
– Change your child’s bad behavior to good behavior
– Feel happy inside
– Truly enjoy family time in a way you never thought possible
If you need help feeling truly happy inside as you are raising your young children, come and join us in the private coaching community where I help parents like you change their mindset – and their child’s behavior – for the better every day.
NPC Parent Coaching Community Membership helps you through:
– Live, members-only calls where you get solutions to your toughest parenting challenges
– Courses on everything from stopping sibling rivalry to what to do instead of spanking
– Parent Coaching Calls that members call “the most helpful part of my Ninja Parenting Community membership”
With all that and more, we have got you covered!
Join the Ninja Parenting Community today and make the time you spend with your young children your favorite time!
Get Help in our Private Coaching Community Today
Important WTOO Links
If you need practical advice to deal with your child’s bad behavior, check out my book.
It’s called Positive Discipline Ninja Tactics, and I wrote it especially to help parents handle kids’ tough behavior, because parents need to eliminate the bad before they can be happy at home.
It’s available in Amazon, but since you’re here – since you took the time to come visit weturnedoutokay.com – I want to give you a better deal than Amazon.
Click here for details on Positive Discipline Ninja Tactics!
Click here to check out We Turned Out Okay’s How-to Videos, to learn about how to help your kids eat more fruits and vegetables, how to help when they’re getting in trouble at daycare, and more!