Diane Hessan always knew she wanted to work full-time, while raising her daughters. Today she shares what that was really like, and how her life’s work prepared her to fulfill a super important role in today’s frightening and demoralizing political climate.
Nowadays, Diane speaks daily with 500 American voters. These are people from every area of the country, every walk of life, every creed, every color. And as she connects with them Diane is learning important lessons that she takes into her own life.
Listen to our conversation today to discover what these lessons are, so you can enjoy your life, and be helpful to those around you at the same time!
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/246 for:
- Links that come up in our conversation today
- What’s up in the We Turned Out Okay universe, including tons of free resources : )
- The 3 most important things to remember from today’s conversation
And thank you so much for listening!
So, I got trolled this week. (As I share in today’s episode.) Help me fight back!
If you get good value from We Turned Out Okay, please rate and review the show! That helps others find us, so they can get good help too.
Click here to give us a quick rating and 1-sentence review in Apple, and thanks!
Video of the Week:
Here is what Diane wants you to know as you raise your young children and live in these frightening times
1) Relying on friends is key. So is being a good friend to those you are close with.
2) Parents must model the search for happiness and creative fulfillment. Searching for these elements in our own lives is the only way to help our kids, down the road, as they search for these elements in their lives.
3) We need to use the word “and,” instead of the word “or.”
There are a lot of wonderful ideas between the two poles of either/or; we can solve lots of problems and create lots of happiness by substituting the word and in, to our speech and our thinking.
Click here for the initial column Diane wrote, published just before Thanksgiving 2016, called Understanding the Undecided Voter. The column went viral, and when you read it you will see why.
Click here to read a recent column of Diane’s, entitled “The problem isn’t how we feel about Trump – it’s how we feel about each other”.
During this episode I reference a book about understanding the importance of moving away from an “either/or” mentality; click here to listen to Episode 228, in which I discuss 4 key parenting books (that are not necessarily about parenting). This book, Tim Arnold’s The Power of Healthy Tension, made that list.
Click here to check out Pepperlane, the website created by Diane’s friend Sharon Kan.
In the WTOO Universe
Awesome FREE Resources…
If potty training is getting you down, let me send you – completely free – the first lesson of my course on how to potty train successfully, even under pressure!
Click here to receive Lesson 1: How to Make This Take the Shortest Amount of Time Possible.
Click here for the free 5-part podcast series on how to get good weeknights with kids.
Click here for the We Turned Out Okay Facebook page.
Click here for the Karen Lock Kolp page in YouTube, where you’ll find helpful videos (like this one on what to do when your child is jumping on the couch for your attention, at the worst possible time.)
… And some mind-blowing (if not free) resources for you:
Click here for the EXTRA Magic Words videos exclusively for We Turned Out Okay Patreon patrons.
Potty training little kids is never easy. That’s why I created a complete course, Successful Potty Training Under Pressure, to help!
This course gets you ready for potty training with:
- Gear recommendations, both essential and nice-to-have
- Scripts so you know exactly what to say when your child has accidents or other struggles
- Fixes for common problems – like if your child doesn’t care about sitting in a wet or poopy situation, or if you’re struggling to work well with your child’s school or caregiver
I created this course to give you everything you need to successfully potty train your child.
Click the link below to check it out!
What’s frustrating you right now in your parenting?
Kids cut us in so many ways. If yours make you want to scream with sibling fights, embarrassing outbursts, and not respecting you, get help in the Ninja Parenting Community!
NPC Parent Coaching Community Membership helps you through:
– Live, members-only calls where you get solutions to your toughest parenting challenges
– Courses on everything from stopping sibling rivalry to what to do instead of spanking
– Parent Coaching Calls that members call “the most helpful part of my Ninja Parenting Community membership”
With all that and more, we have got you covered!
Join the Ninja Parenting Community today and make the time you spend with your young children your favorite time!
Get Help in our Private Coaching Community Today