Do you sometimes feel like you are raising your family in mighty frightening times?
So do I.
That’s why, when I learned about the thing of beauty this week’s guest created to combat fear, I knew I had to bring her on the show!
Mom, quilter, poet, and personal friend Cathleen Dinsmore recently created an amazing quilt-and-poem combination. The quilt is breathtaking – and, combined with the poem, fosters conversation around fear, and hope, and justice.
At weturnedoutokay.com you can view Cathleen’s amazing quilt, read the beautiful poem,
and prepare to be inspired by the incredible impact one person can have on alleviating fear and inspiring hope.
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/249 for:
- A look at Cathleen’s racial justice quilt, her accompanying poem, and TONS of links that come up in today’s conversation
- What’s up in the We Turned Out Okay universe, including tons of free resources : )
- The video of the week: “Helping when Halloween scares your young child”
And thank you so much for listening!
Video of the Week:
Thank you for listening!
For more on the Racial Justice Team which Cathleen is a part of, click here Or go to uuacracialjustice.wordpress.com.
Today’s guest loves podcasts, and she shares her favorites today:
Click here for the Science Friday Podcast
Click here for the Ground Truth Project Podcast
Click here for The Science of Happiness Podcast
Click here for one of my new favorite podcasts, Positiviteeny!
Click here for Sean Achor’s amazing and very funny TED talk.
Find the Ed X project by clicking here (thanks Jen : )
Click here for the Harry Potter and the Sacred Text episode, “The Mirror of Erised.”
On a related note, click here for the link to James Baldwin’s The Fire Next Time, and Click here for Peggy McIntosh’s handout, Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack.
Click here for my conversation with interracial couple Ingrid Alli and Hamilton Graziano.
If you get good value from We Turned Out Okay, please rate and review the show! That helps others find us, so they can get good help too.
Click here to give us a quick rating and 1-sentence review in Apple, and thanks!
In the WTOO Universe
Awesome FREE Resources…
If potty training is getting you down, let me send you – completely free – the first lesson of my course on how to potty train successfully, even under pressure!
Click here to receive Lesson 1: How to Make This Take the Shortest Amount of Time Possible.
Click here for the free 5-part podcast series on how to get good weeknights with kids.
Join the private WTOO Facebook group… Click here!
The Facebook group is where I do our Magic Words for Parents Facebook live every Monday 🙂
Click here for the We Turned Out Okay Facebook page.
Click here for the Karen Lock Kolp page in YouTube, where you’ll find helpful videos (like this one on what to do when your child is jumping on the couch for your attention, at the worst possible time.)
… And some mind-blowing (if not free) resources for you:
Potty training little kids is never easy. That’s why I created a complete course, Successful Potty Training Under Pressure, to help!
This course gets you ready for potty training with:
- Gear recommendations, both essential and nice-to-have
- Scripts so you know exactly what to say when your child has accidents or other struggles
- Fixes for common problems – like if your child doesn’t care about sitting in a wet or poopy situation, or if you’re struggling to work well with your child’s school or caregiver
I created this course to give you everything you need to successfully potty train your child.
Click the link below to check it out!
What’s frustrating you right now in your parenting?
Kids cut us in so many ways. If yours make you want to scream with sibling fights, embarrassing outbursts, and not respecting you, get help in the Ninja Parenting Community!
NPC Parent Coaching Community Membership helps you through:
– Live, members-only calls where you get solutions to your toughest parenting challenges
– Courses on everything from stopping sibling rivalry to what to do instead of spanking, and including Successful Potty Training Under Pressure
– Parent Coaching Calls that members call “the most helpful part of my Ninja Parenting Community membership”
With all that and more, we have got you covered!
Join the Ninja Parenting Community today and make the time you spend with your young children your favorite time!
Get Help in our Private Coaching Community Today