“What’s a reasonable consequence for when I ask my young child to stop running away, and he doesn’t stop, at the park?”
This is the gist of a recent question from one mom in our We Turned Out Okay Facebook group.
I shared what I think is a pretty good answer… and then other parents in the group shared their ideas. These ideas were so great – and so different from mine – that I knew I needed to talk about this issue on the podcast.
So, hope you enjoy this episode, dedicated to helping you set limits, and enjoy more of your time, when you are at a park or playground or out in the world with your young child!
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/251 for:
- A breakdown of how you can reign in your young child, without overdoing it or losing your mind
- What’s up in the We Turned Out Okay universe, including tons of free resources : )
- The video of the week: “Good behavior at meals, good behavior at the park”
- The sign-up for our upcoming ‘When to potty train, How to potty train’ free online class
And thank you so much for listening!
Want to learn “When to Potty Train, How to Potty Train” your young child?
I’m teaching a FREE online class, sharing:
- The 3 ways to tell if your child is ready
- The 3 most important things to remember about potty training
I’m teaching this class live on Thursday, November 15 at 1 PM EST…
Video of the Week:
In the WTOO Universe
Join the private WTOO Facebook group… Click here!
The Facebook group is where I do our Magic Words for Parents Facebook live every Monday 🙂
Other Awesome FREE Resources…
If potty training is getting you down, let me send you – completely free – the first lesson of my course on how to potty train successfully, even under pressure!
Click here to receive Lesson 1: How to Make This Take the Shortest Amount of Time Possible.
Click here for the free 5-part podcast series on how to get good weeknights with kids.
Click here for the We Turned Out Okay Facebook page.
Click here for the Karen Lock Kolp page in YouTube, where you’ll find helpful videos (like this one on what to do when your child is jumping on the couch for your attention, at the worst possible time.)
… And some mind-blowing (if not free) resources for you:
Potty training little kids is never easy. That’s why I created a complete course, Successful Potty Training Under Pressure, to help!
This course gets you ready for potty training with:
- Gear recommendations, both essential and nice-to-have
- Scripts so you know exactly what to say when your child has accidents or other struggles
- Fixes for common problems – like if your child doesn’t care about sitting in a wet or poopy situation, or if you’re struggling to work well with your child’s school or caregiver
I created this course to give you everything you need to successfully potty train your child.
Click the link below to check it out!
What’s frustrating you right now in your parenting?
Kids cut us in so many ways. If yours make you want to scream with sibling fights, embarrassing outbursts, and not respecting you, get help in the Ninja Parenting Community!
NPC Parent Coaching Community Membership helps you through:
– Live, members-only calls where you get solutions to your toughest parenting challenges
– Courses on everything from stopping sibling rivalry to what to do instead of spanking, and including Successful Potty Training Under Pressure
– Parent Coaching Calls that members call “the most helpful part of my Ninja Parenting Community membership”
With all that and more, we have got you covered!
Join the Ninja Parenting Community today and make the time you spend with your young children your favorite time!
Get Help in our Private Coaching Community Today