Clarity; balance; peace… Sometimes it can be hard to feel that we have any of these in our frantic homes and lives.
Today’s guest, Meagan Wilson, specializes in helping families reconnect with those positive feelings, and best of all helps us bring those positive feelings to our children.
In our conversation we talk about:
– The best kind of learning for little kids
– How to get more of that into our kiddos’ lives
– The importance of wonderful things like daily rhythms and self-directed play into our family lives
I hope you, like me, come away with the feeling of hope.
That is what today’s guest brings to our conversation.
In the Parenting News segment of the show:
Anna Seewald of the Authentic Parenting podcast is hosting a live, one day conference in New Jersey on May 18, and Dr. Laura Markham is the keynote speaker! Anna is kindly offering a $50 discount per ticket to listeners of We Turned Out Okay, so keep an ear out for that!
Hope you enjoy this episode!
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/276 for:
- A cheat sheet of the big ideas that come up in today’s conversation
- Links to interesting stuff from our chat
- The video of the week: Off this week, returning Thursday, May 9th
And thank you so much for listening!
Temper Tantrums and Potty Training:
Today I share about two helpful free guides I offer.
While the podcast is long-form – your opportunity to look into the mind of a child development expert – the free guides are super quick.
You can watch the video, read the checklist, and immediately handle the temper tantrums or get started with potty training (depending on which guide you choose : )
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to handle every temper tantrum
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to successfully potty train your child
- Want to receive valuable ideas and tips on parenting, without either free guide above? Click here for my weekly parenting newsletter!
YouTube live is OFF this week, returning Thursday, May 9
See you then!
Cheat sheet on the ideas that come up in our conversation today
1) “Up till then I was looking at the world from a macro point of view, and raising this child became my most important job.”
Parenthood is nothing if not a massive paradigm shift. Meagan, today’s guest, was suddenly looking at the world from a tiny, micro-point of view, when she became a mom.
2) “Motherhood… It’s a wild ride!”
I almost named today’s episode with this quote of Meagan’s : )
It’s just so true.
3) “There are natural rhythms in our daily lives.”
In the moment, this quote of Meagan’s hit me hard. It’s so true, and yet so elusive. I love how Meagan shows us, in this conversation, the importance of rhythms and also how to bring them more intentionally into our parenting.
Click here to learn more about the Authentic Parenting conference, the subject of today’s Parenting News segment! That is also the link where you can use the promo code I share in the segment, good for $50 off of your ticket!
Click here for episode 255, my conversation with Dr. Laura Markham (the keynote speaker at the upcoming Authentic Parenting conference!)
Click here for Jared Diamond’s book Guns, Germs, and Steel
Click here for Ernesto Sirolli’s TED talk, about farming struggles in Africa.
Click here for the Netflix show, The Fix.
Click here for my conversation with Tanya Trainor about the Loose Parts movement.
Click here for my conversation with professors Lisa Daly and Miriam Beloglovsky, early childhood professors who have written several books together illustrating how Loose Parts helps children and families.
In the WTOO Universe
Join the private WTOO Facebook group… Click here!
The Facebook group is where I do our Magic Words for Parents Facebook live every Monday 🙂
Click here for my channel in YouTube, where you’ll find helpful videos (like this one on what to do when your child is jumping on the couch for your attention, at the worst possible time.)
My latest book, 10 Secrets Happy Parents Know, is officially out!!
Click here to read more!
“I am feeling able to handle this! I truly cannot thank you enough.”
– NPC Member & Mom of 3YO Boy
What’s frustrating you right now in your parenting?
I specialize in helping parents get out of a negative space, so they cut out the anger and frustration, feel in tune with their children, and start to truly love family time.
Membership in our exclusive parent coaching community helps you through:
- Support, advice, and connection 24/7, all online and available to you wherever you live in the world, and whatever hours you keep
- Exclusive, members-only calls where you get solutions to your toughest parenting challenges
- Courses on everything from stopping sibling rivalry to what to do instead of spanking, including the complete Successful Potty Training Under Pressure course
With all that and more, we have got you covered…
Join the Ninja Parenting Community today and make the time you spend with your young children your favorite time!
Get Help in our Private Coaching Community Today