Today’s guest, Jacky Lamenzo, ate “only off the kids menu” well into her adulthood.
Then, she had the opportunity to go to China for a year, and knew something was going to have to change.
Could she make the change? You bet.
In our conversation Jacky shares what she did to stop being a picky eater, and also about her delightful children’s book that helps parents and kids with picky eating now.
And here’s the cool thing: before we even get to the picky eating, we talk about so much other interesting stuff, everything from what Jacky did when she felt that her work wasn’t being valued, to bonding over studying in Florence, Italy!
Also! Click here to sign up for the “5 Ways to Handle Your Picky Eater” Free Guide, which I tell you all about during today’s break!
Plus in Parenting News: Is STEM bad for our democracy? I ask for your help in coming up with a new acronym, one that goes beyond both STEM and STEAM.
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/279 for:
- Cheat sheet on the 3 ways moving to China helped solve Jacky’s picky eater problem (and how that can help in your family life)
- Links that come up in today’s conversation
- The video of the week: “3 ways to stop picky eating”
And thank you so much for listening!
Live Q&A and Open House Tour
Ever wished you could check out the private coaching community that I run for parents of young children?
Do you have questions about if it could work for you, even in your busy, insane life and with whatever technical skills you possess (especially if you feel like they’re not very good)?
You’re in luck! On Thursday, May 30, I am throwing open the doors to the Ninja Parenting Community!
I’m taking you right inside, and showing you:
– What our members love about it
– How the community helps parents turn family time into “the best time of the day”
– And I’m taking questions too!
It’s free… I’m so excited to bring you in and show you around!
It’s live… But even if you can’t be there live at 2PM EST, signing up gets you the replay so you can rewatch as many times as you like.
It’s where my heart and soul is… because I get to work closely with so many amazing parents.
Don’t miss out on discovering this secret to happy parenting…
Click weturnedoutokay.com/tour to sign up!
Cheat sheet on the 3 ways moving to China helped solve Jacky’s picky eater problem
1) “For the first time in my life, nobody knew me as a picky eater.”
How this can help in your family life: Don’t identify your child as a “picky eater.” Don’t make a big deal about food, but instead emphasize mealtime as an enjoyable time.
2) “Here is a big Lazy Susan, take what you want.”
How this can help in your family life: offer choices at meals by placing several dishes on the table. Anybody can have however much of whichever dishes they would like, so there’s no pressure on your picky eater.
How this can help in your family life: periodically, changing up things like how food gets consumed can make mealtimes super fun!
Click here for Jacky’s wonderful book, Addy Wants to Fit In, on its Amazon page.
Click here for Jacky’s website, JackyLamenzo.com.
Click here for episode 276 of We Turned Out Okay, my conversation with Meagan Wilson, which comes up during today’s chat with Jacky.
It turns out that Jacky and I went to the same school during our study abroad in Florence, Italy! Click here to check out the Scuola Lorenzo de Medici!
In the WTOO Universe
Join the private WTOO Facebook group… Click here!
The Facebook group is where I do our Magic Words for Parents Facebook live every Monday 🙂
Click here for my channel in YouTube, where you’ll find helpful videos (like this one on what to do when your child is jumping on the couch for your attention, at the worst possible time.)
My latest book, 10 Secrets Happy Parents Know, is officially out!!
Click here to read more!
If you need more personal support in your parenting and your life, work with me!
You can do this in two ways, with 1-to-1 Parent Coaching, or by joining the Ninja Parenting Community, the always-open online hub filled with help, support, and positive energy.
Click here to learn more about working with me; or read just below to learn more about the Ninja Parenting Community.
Temper Tantrums and Potty Training:
Today I share about two helpful free guides I offer.
While the podcast is long-form – your opportunity to look into the mind of a child development expert – the free guides are super quick.
You can watch the video, read the checklist, and immediately handle the temper tantrums or get started with potty training (depending on which guide you choose : )
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to handle every temper tantrum
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to successfully potty train your child
- Want to receive valuable ideas and tips on parenting, without either free guide above? Click here for my weekly parenting newsletter!
“I am feeling able to handle this! I truly cannot thank you enough.”
– NPC Member & Mom of 3YO Boy
What’s frustrating you right now in your parenting?
I specialize in helping parents get out of a negative space, so they cut out the anger and frustration, feel in tune with their children, and start to truly love family time.
Membership in our exclusive parent coaching community helps you through:
- Support, advice, and connection 24/7, all online and available to you wherever you live in the world, and whatever hours you keep
- Exclusive, members-only calls where you get solutions to your toughest parenting challenges
- Courses on everything from stopping sibling rivalry to what to do instead of spanking, including the complete Successful Potty Training Under Pressure course
With all that and more, we have got you covered…
Join the Ninja Parenting Community today and make the time you spend with your young children your favorite time!
Get Help in our Private Coaching Community Today