In this week’s episode of We Turned Out Okay, we examine a parent’s role in a child’s education!
Lots of parents have no idea how to help their kiddos in learning how to read, write, do math, or code.
But these are the essential skills of the future.
How do we help our kids, when they’re young, get ready for all that learning?
Find out by listening to this episode of We Turned Out Okay!
Sign up for my Weekly Parenting Newsletter
- Each Wednesday I send out a Parenting Newsletter, to help you remain sane while raising your kiddos!
Past editions have included:
– How to get your child to take more responsibility
– How to teach your child social skills
– Under what circumstances, if any, you should let your child watch YouTube.
Click weturnedoutokay.com/weekly so it zooms right into your inbox each week!
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/289 for lots of key links mentioned in today’s episode, for free guides (on potty training, picky eating, and how to handle every temper tantrum), and lots more resources!
- Click here to learn more about working closely with me, either as a private coaching client or as a member of the Ninja Parenting Community
And thank you so much for listening!
Click here for John Taylor Gatto’s book, Dumbing Us Down.
Click here for “Crisis in the Kindergarten,” a paper that helped me understand how truly problematic it is when kids don’t get free-play time.
Click here for episode 264, my conversation with young adult educator Blake Boles.
Click here for Blake’s website, which includes links to the books he’s written; they helped me understand how I can help my children in their educations.
Click here for episode 48, my conversation with Daniel Wolff, author of How Lincoln Learned to Read, another hugely influential book in my thinking about my kids’ education.
Click here for episode 161, my conversation with Nicole Gardner, a researcher who works closely with Ellen Galinsky, author of Mind in the Making.
Click here for episode 277, an earlier one in our “Educating Your Kiddos” series.
If you need more personal support in your parenting and your life, work with me!
You can do this in two ways, with 1-to-1 Parent Coaching, or by joining the Ninja Parenting Community, the always-open online hub filled with help, support, and positive energy.
Click here to learn more about working with me; or read just below to learn more about the Ninja Parenting Community.
Temper Tantrums, Potty Training, and Picky Eaters:
Today I share about three helpful free guides I offer.
While the podcast is long-form – your opportunity to look into the mind of a child development expert – the free guides are super quick.
You can watch the video, read the checklist, and immediately get the help you need : )
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to Handle Every Temper Tantrum
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to Successfully Potty Train Your Child
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to Handle Your Picky Eater
- Want to receive valuable ideas and tips on parenting, without either free guide above? Click here for my weekly parenting newsletter!