WTOO Book Club – Starting Wednesday, May 13 at 8 PM EST we are doing a chapter-by-chapter weekly read of Positive Discipline Ninja Tactics. We will learn to get good behavior from kiddos, share some stories, and spend some time each week together. If that sounds good to you, Click here to join the WTOO Book Club!
Working closely with parents of young children during this pandemic, I’ve seen so many examples of bad behavior:
– Kids smearing peanut butter on walls, dumping vinegar in beds, destroying furniture
– Kids pulling pets’ tales, chasing them with scooters, threatening the pets, and their own safety (when the animals retaliate)
– Kids getting overly clingy, going back and forth in terms of emotions between overexcited and happy, to abjectly despairing and melting down
– Kids reverting from potty training, showing immature behaviors that hadn’t been seen for weeks or months or years
– Kids unable to control their rage and angry feelings
And it’s not only kids reacting to the situation with heightened emotions. We are doing it too!
The questions I hear from the people I work most closely with: “I feel so lost. How do I live through this? What do I DO?”
This presentation comes directly from the solutions these parents have found. I am excited to bring them to you!
Today I share 7 things you can do to feel better – these are the ways I’m seeing parents use successfully to LIVE in this right now, as opposed to just living through this.
Click weturnedoutokay.com/329 to read the cheat sheet of these steps.
We will get through this together!
In previous episodes I’ve mentioned how appreciative I am of my town’s weekday Emergency Meetings which they post in YouTube. This past week I was invited on the show! (Click here to view!)
I talk about how to get kids to wear masks, what to do when you are absolutely at your wit’s end, and more. I’m posting it in here because I hope it will be helpful for you, even if you do not live in my town <3
Free Help for Parents in the Pandemic – in April 2020 I created the OkayCon Free Virtual Summit, 10 conversations with experts in fields of crucial importance to you right now (kids’ behavior, finances, finding a job, home security, and lots more). These conversations are all available for free, for ever, at this link. I hope the Virtual Summit is helpful for you!