Navigating social situations has only gotten worse in the pandemic – but it sure wasn’t always easy, even before!
Today’s guests, Evie Granville and Sarah Davis of the Modern Manners for Moms and Dads Podcast, have spent years helping parents navigate social minefields. With a book coming out in the fall and an awesome quiz that you can take right now (I did!), These two friends, educators, and parents have lots to contribute in helping us get along and raise our kids in these crazy times.
Listen to this episode to learn:
– how to navigate the toughest situations you might encounter
– how to understand your own approach to parenting
– how to shift that approach, if it’s not working as well as it could for you and your family
A few announcements
1. I share in this week’s preshow segment how frustrating I’m feeling, as a child-development expert, hearing from so many parents whose children are not doing well in the current educational climate.
I’ve got 3 ways to help if this is you!
Join my FREE Pandemic Back-to-School Challenge – enroll at the link below by Wednesday, July 22, 2020:
Try the Ninja Parenting Community (NPC), our online virtual coaching practice, where parents are getting much needed help navigating the start to this crazy school year.
Right now you can try the Community for just $1 for your whole first month! Click the following link for details and to join NPC:
A new publication I’m creating, the WTOO Playbook! The August 2020 issue is jampacked with help and hope as you navigate the beginning of this crazy school year.
Join my newsletter group to find out more about the WTOO Playbook:
2. We’re in the middle of a 10-week (free) newsletter series on how I’m overcoming my own burnout and overwhelm.
The most recent newsletter was all about how much better I felt coming from a place of kindness, rather than judgment.
Click here to read that newsletter and to sign up for future ones!
3. I’ve been invited to be part of the Mommy Matters Virtual Summit, the brainchild of next week’s WTOO guest, parent Coach, mindfulness expert, and yoga instructor Mariela Ortiz!
The Summit starts in early August, and you can sign up for it by going to:
Links Evie, Sarah, and I discuss are in the show notes, located at weturnedoutokay.com/340
Enjoy the show!
Click here for my conversation on Evie and Sarah’s wonderful podcast, Modern Manners for Moms and Dads. If you’ve never heard my f-bomb story, that’s what they kick off the episode with : )
Click here for Evie and Sarah’s quiz, “what kind of parent are you?”
Click here to visit Evie and Sarah’s Facebook group
Click here for the wonderful Minority Korner podcast with James Arthur M.
Click here for Common Sense Media, a great website for helping parents understand what you or your kids might be exposed to, when watching different movies or shows. We discuss Common Sense Media’s list of diversity and antiracist books in this episode.
Click here for Talaat McNeely’s wonderful conversation with fellow entrepreneur Shane Sams, “Let’s talk about racial justice.”
Click here for James Corden’s interview with one of the writers on his show, a woman of color, who helps James (and as I share in this episode, my father) understand their own white privilege.