How can I stop my child from being so impulsive?
How can I stop her from hurting others with her bad behavior?
How can I stop him from alienating people because he’s hitting, or spitting, or worse?
Sometimes it is scary how much anger and frustration our little kids have inside. And when it erupts, we can feel so powerless.
This week’s We Turned Out Okay podcast episode guest, Maureen Healy, has written a book called The Emotionally Healthy Child, to help us deal with these aspects of our young children.
When I invited Maureen on the show, I knew she had written a wonderful book for us. A useful tool, helping us parents figure out how to get our kids’ behavior to be more what we want to see.
But I was not prepared for the kind of depth that Maureen Healy brings to the conversation. This gentle, thoughtful woman can teach us all about what it means to be human, and how to truly connect with our loved ones, especially our children.
Hope you enjoy this conversation!
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/261 for:
- A cheat sheet of favorite ideas from our conversation
- Key links from our conversation, including to Maureen’s wonderful book, The Emotionally Healthy Child
- The scoop on my latest book! One reviewer says of 10 Secrets Happy Parents Know: I love how much “Karen” is in these pages… I can foresee myself using these chapter titles as self-talk mantras to remind myself to get out of discipline mode ASAP; that conflicts are opportunities; and so on.”
- The video of the week: “Stop my young child being impulsive“
And thank you so much for listening!
Temper Tantrums and Potty Training:
During today’s break I share about two helpful free guides I offer.
While the podcast is long-form – your opportunity to look into the mind of a child development expert – the free guides are super quick.
You can watch the video, read the checklist, and immediately handle the temper tantrums or get started with potty training (depending on which guide you choose : )
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to handle every temper tantrum
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to successfully potty train your child
- Want to receive valuable ideas and tips on parenting, without either free guide above? Click here for my weekly parenting newsletter!