Last week, author and personal hero of mine Julie Lythcott-Haims offered Office Hours, the chance for anyone who wished to join her in the safe space she created to feel supported and support others.
I went on the first day, figuring I would drop in for a bit and see what it was like.
I stayed for an hour and a half.
Then the next day I joined the Office Hours for 3 1/2 hours, almost the whole time Julie offered them.
The sense I got from Julie and the other folks who joined in these Office Hours was so hopeful!
I came away feeling that:
– We are capable of building the world that we want.
– We can build this world for ourselves, for our families, and for the betterment of all.
I decided to create a page on my website, sharing ideas and links from Julie’s Office Hours, as a way to say thank you and spread the message that we can build the world that we want.
It won’t be easy, and it will be scary. But whoever heard of an adventure that didn’t have any fear, and was super easy?
“It simply isn’t an adventure worth telling if there aren’t any dragons.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
As we confront the dragons, and as we build the world that we want, click the link below for some amazing takeaways from Julie’s Office Hours <3https://weturnedoutokay.com/julie/
PS Speaking of building the world that we want…
I am often told that working with me is “worth every penny,” and “the best use of my energy and time.”
People thank me for helping them see opportunities that they otherwise would have missed.
A few examples:
– Utilizing positive discipline to incorporate the right mix of warmth and firmness and help kids feel independent, safe, and loved
– Helping kids take responsibility for their actions, use their words, and gain competence in taking care of themselves. Potty training, getting a handle on temper tantrums, and better routines with chores and schoolwork all come into play here.
– Understanding why children do what they do – at every age.
– Modeling self advocacy and self worth. In the words of one coaching client:
“I trust my example in the world is helping [my teen] see her own strengths. Thank you for helping me see that more deeply.”
With the closing of the Ninja Parenting Community, my online private coaching practice, I have been thinking on what to offer – and how to offer it – so that those of you who want this kind of transformation in your life can have access to it.
I’m excited because I have come up with a program that will accomplish this, while also satisfying my need to avoid overexertion while helping you achieve your dreams.
(In other words this program will allow me to get my oxygen mask firmly in place, and then help you get yours on, too.)
I’ll share more about it next week.
For now I just wanted to give you a sneak peek into my thinking, and let you know that I am designing a program I think quite a few of you will love!
Thank you for bringing me along on your parenting journey.
Talk to you next week : )
PPS – If you’re enjoying this Parenting Newsletter, click here so you can sign up to receive it in your inbox, or forward it to a friend who needs a parenting boost today.