10 Secrets Happy Parents Know… Complete Book!!

Forums Parenting Books 10 Secrets Happy Parents Know… Complete Book!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Karen Lock KolpKaren Lock Kolp
    Keymaster

I am so excited to shout from the rooftops, 10 Secrets Happy Parents Know is finished and ready for you!!

Click here for the PDF!
    Then you can download it, read it, and enjoy it. (Please, share only with your partner… You’ve got advanced access, especially for NPC members. If you’ve got friends who want to check out 10 Secrets, let them know they can join, and that the book will be unleashed on the world on December 4, 2018. Squee : )

I’ve been working on this book for more than a year, and I’m so grateful to you NPC-ers… It’s a million times better because of YOUR input.

Thank you for asking such amazing questions and sharing so much of yourselves. I’ve protected your identities (with a few exceptions where I have gotten permission). You’ve helped a lot of people enjoy family time more!

<3

Host of the We Turned Out Okay podcast
    Author of Positive Discipline Ninja Tactics: Key Tools to Handle Every Temper Tantrum, Keep Your Cool, and Enjoy Life With Your Young Child
    Head Honcho of the Ninja Parenting Community

Participant

Karen you’re amazing. I love how much “Karen” is in these pages. Your use of stories to frame up your message, then your clear message, and then the real-world advice. You’ve never told us about lunch volcanos before, that was a delightful story to discover in there!

I can foresee myself using these chapter titles as self-talk mantras to remind myself to get out of discipline mode ASAP, that conflicts are opportunities, and so on. Some chapters were especially actionable to me (Chapter 7 about chores) while others were less so (Chapter 2 about respect). And most of them had “hidden” actions when I reflected on them in connection with the title: some parts aren’t much tactical advice, as much as a description of how to think differently.

If I could have chapter 9, about learning through play, “whisper to me” while I was fretting about a teachable moment whizzing past unused… if I could just shrug and hear you reminding me “this matters to you doesn’t it? Then don’t worry. It’s important so you’d never allow her whole life to go by with this thing left unlearned. It’s just not going to be right now. The lesson will eventually get taught and will eventually get learned. You won’t miss it when she’s ready. For now, just play.”

Most of the book was like that for me. Golden stuff that isn’t always “actionable” because it will play out differently each time I encounter it. Prescribing actions wouldn’t be helpful. Instead you’re writing down what I should have in mind when I am deciding what action to take. But when there *is* a formula, like following through on threats, or talking sticks, or magic words, those are in there too. With clarity and gentleness.

Thanks for writing it – I really enjoyed reading it.

Karen Lock KolpKaren Lock Kolp
    Keymaster

Thank you so much Jen💕💕💕

It is a little frightening to put something out in the world, and wonder how it will be taken or viewed… I am going to print out your review and put it up on my bulletin board.

How have I managed to not tell you about lunch volcanoes until now? 😊

Host of the We Turned Out Okay podcast
    Author of Positive Discipline Ninja Tactics: Key Tools to Handle Every Temper Tantrum, Keep Your Cool, and Enjoy Life With Your Young Child
    Head Honcho of the Ninja Parenting Community

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.