FYI: NPC Grand Reopening sale : )
I have been working hard behind the scenes, creating a 5-module course on “How to keep going” and a training on “how to handle your child’s angry outbursts,” not to mention spring cleaning in the Ninja Parenting Community… the response from NPC members has been wonderful!
I’m excited to reopen NPC registration so you can get the help you need coming through the pandemic <3
I am putting the whole post here in its entirety, for a few reasons:
– I wanted to show NPC as a place where everyone – even me – can feel safe to share their challenges
– I wanted you to be able to see the depth of learning, and how it happens on so many levels, from the smallest interaction with a child, to the biggest most overarching worries members may have
– I wanted to share a success! Just in case you’re feeling like they are pretty thin on the ground these days
(NPC Members: click here to celebrate this success with me in the community forums: )
Okay, here goes with my post:
“I’m excited to share something directly related to the week 5 Happy-in-Place Challenge!
We discussed small transitions, like getting kids to do things on a daily basis, and big transitions, like going from total lockdown to some plan for the new normal.
I have had success overcoming anxiety about BOTH kinds – just by being aware of the potential for the anxiety.
What this has looked like for me is this:
And boy, does he not want to do that.When I can recognize this as a transition, asking him to leave his comfort zone and come do this thing, I’m prepared for the expression on his face, the body language, and it doesn’t daunt me or make me angry with him.
As I was administering first aid, I complemented him on the muscle tone he’s now got in his arms and shoulders (he’s been working really hard with his uncle across the country, doing workouts every day : )
He cheerfully came outside with me after that, and while he was digging he stopped at one point and said “you know, my arm feels better – still sore, but better.”
Recognizing my own worry about this, and then in the moment not berating him for his sudden arm pain, not only worked to get him outside, but helped him feel supported (instead of ordered, as I have done in the past.)
2. The world is opening back up, in fits and starts, and suddenly it feels like the ground is shifting underneath me.
I’m having trouble sleeping, a nervous stomach, and a return of headaches. (Previously I had only had one headache in eight weeks of lockdown!)
Previously to highlighting transitions, I might not have linked those two statements at all. But because of the conversation we had about that in our community, I’ve realized that they are TOTALLY linked.
It hasn’t made those symptoms 100% go away, but it sure has helped in my handling of the symptoms.
I’m stopping and stretching, taking medicine for headaches (instead of pressing on and hoping the headache will go away), recognizing what I need to rest. Doing a meditation exercise in the middle of the night if I wake up, or if I have trouble falling asleep in the first place.
To be able to say “I recognize this as a transition” means I spend less time in the hypochondriac space that my brain can go to under stress.
Just so cool to see something like this in action, working!”
It is so helpful, if you’ve got parenting challenges, and value the help of a child development expert in resolving those challenges.
I shut down new registration to NPC three weeks ago, and since then
I have been working very hard behind the scenes to make the Ninja Parenting Community even better:
- It’s now easier than ever to navigate the forums and training courses
- I created a new training course on “How to keep going” through exhaustion, difficult circumstances (like the pandemic), and more
- I placed a new training in the forums on “How to handle your child’s angry outbursts”
- We’re currently in the midst of a wonderful challenge, helping members bring themselves and their families through the pandemic
- Each Friday I send out the latest NPC Digest, a members-only newsletter with tons of links and ideas to get you through the week
These benefits are all available only for NPC members – and I am celebrating the Grand Reopening of our community with a sale…
3 months for the price of 2!
Join the community, getting help with your biggest challenges as a parent, at 33% off the standard monthly rate.
You’ll be able to come to our live, members-only calls…
Figure out solutions to your biggest parenting challenges by speaking privately with me in a special Parent Private Coaching Call…
Find wonderful companionship on your parenting journey…
All for 33% off the standard monthly rate.
I am excited to see you in the community!
PS Grand Reopening Sale!
NPC new registration has been closed for three weeks, while I added new resources – stuff that is SO helpful during and in the aftermath of the pandemic – and I can finally opened the community back up to registration, so you can take advantage of it all.
Click here to join at this super special quarterly rate!
and know how excited I am to work with you and help you solve your biggest parenting challenges <3