FYI: Next week I’m teaching a FREE workshop on independence, for your child and you, in the We Turned Out Okay Facebook group: click this link to take part or scroll down right here in your podcatcher to find out more!
When I first saw How to Raise a Boy,
the book today’s guest, Michael Reichert, PhD, wrote, I knew I was in for a treat. Dr. Reichert ‘s writing is a skillful blend of personal stories and relevant, amazing research, and before I knew it I was highlighting, marking pages with Post-it notes, and pumped to speak with Dr. Reichert!
And, our conversation does not disappoint.
If you’ve got questions about:
– Your son turning into a “mama’s boy”
– How to (in the words of one of our WTOO Facebook group members) “empower boys to be their best selves without being jerks”
– Or even if you have questions about why – if you’re raising girls and not boys – you should care;
You’ll find this conversation relevant and compelling.
I’m so thankful to Dr. Reichert for coming on the show today, and I hope you enjoy our conversation, and learn from it, as much as I did.
Plus in Parenting News: I’ve just learned of an amazing new resource for parents, the Revive Show, a live Internet radio show, and you need to hear about it too. I learned of it when I was invited on as a guest, and I think you will love the show!
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/285 for:
- A cheat sheet on highlights from this wonderful conversation
- Key links we talk about in this episode
- The video of the week: OFF this week for the July 4 holiday, returning July 11, so hang in there : )
And thank you so much for listening!
I am teaching a FREE, weeklong workshop on how to get your child to be more independent so they don’t have to rely on you!
We will address: how to stop being a helicopter parent, how to get kids to amuse themselves, independence with potty training and hygiene, food issues, and more, so join us if you need help with any of this!
This free workshop takes place all next week, July 8-12, in the We Turned Out Okay Facebook group… Click here to join the group!