Welcome! To listen to today’s episode, scroll all the way down to the bottom of this post and hit the triangular “play” button. Enjoy the show!
You don’t want your kids to have any more screen time – and your spouse plops them in front of the tube. You know that giving in to a temper tantrum is the fastest route to more, and longer, temper tantrums; yet your spouse gives in again and again.
Today we talk all about how to handle when your spouse isn’t on the same page (and your page is the right page).
Recently while talking with a mom of 2 young girls, some pretty major – and common – parenting issues came up. I knew that, if this mom is struggling with these issues, that you probably are as well!
Hence our series: Common Parenting Challenges. Join us during the March and April Just You and Me episodes as we address these parenting challenges one by one!
Read the show notes, get the How to Handle Every Temper Tantrum guide, and listen to the show by going to https://weturnedoutokay.com/142!
Come to my free, live, online class on handling Common Parenting Challenges!
Why: to learn :
– how to avoid fighting about parenting stuff with your spouse
– what to do when your child rebels against your daily schedule
– how to teach your young child patience
– how to handle your young child’s disrespectful “No!”
When: Thursday, April 20, 2017, 8 PM EST
Class is interactive – bring your questions!
You’ll receive a free, downloadable reference for the next time you come up against one of these challenges…
Sign up for “How to Handle 4 Common Parenting Challenges” by clicking the button below:
Click Here to Register
This is such a common parenting challenge; so often each parent feels that their way is the correct way, and both have trouble agreeing on a way forward. Worse, it can be easy to get into an argument in front of the kids!
Here’s what to do if you find yourself in this situation:
– away from the kids, agree on some guidelines for “how much screen time/when;” “how to live through a temper tantrum without giving in;” rules for meal time, etc.
Speaking of temper tantrums – if you’re looking for a way to handle them, click the button below to download my free How to Handle Every Temper Tantrum guide! It even comes with a fridge-worthy, printable infographic so that everybody’s on the same page in handling a temper tantrum.
Click Here to Get the Guide
– choose a Word that either of you can invoke whenever things get uncomfortable; when one of you says this word, it’s an indication to the other that, before you continue discussing “this” in front of kids, the two of you need to talk privately.
This Word is an instrumental part of our parenting here in the Kolp household, we use it personally and I bet it could be really useful for you!
– work to have consistency with rules, so that one isn’t allowing something the other feels uncomfortable with
Stay tuned for Part 2 in the Common Parenting Challenges series! And if you have a Common Parenting Fail, something you’re struggling with in your home, get in touch! Let me know what it is, and hopefully I can address it on the show and get you some help.
Go to https://weturnedoutokay.com/contact to share, and have a great day!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android |