Let’s just say it: at this time of year, we don’t always get the best behavior from our kids.
They’re overstimulated. They’re out of routine. In many end-of-year traditions they are being showered with gifts.
This can make them forget that life is about so much more than receiving presents from everybody who walks through the door (or whose door they walk through.)
So, today I wanted to help you deal with the gimmes!
Listen for three ways to gently help your child step away from the gifts.
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/257 for:
- My cheat sheet on dealing with the gimmes
- A free PDF that you can download called “Three principles of kids and gifts”
- The scoop on my latest book, just out! One reviewer says “If you’re ready for communication and mutual respect to replace chaos and misbehavior, do yourself a favor and read 10 Secrets Happy Parents Know.“
- The video of the week: “Teaching a child that it’s better to give than to receive”
And thank you so much for listening!
Temper Tantrums and Potty Training:
During today’s break I share about two helpful free guides I offer.
While the podcast is long-form – your opportunity to look into the mind of a child development expert – the free guides are super quick.
You can watch the video, read the checklist, and immediately handle the temper tantrums or get started with potty training (depending on which guide you choose : )
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to handle every temper tantrum
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to successfully potty train your child