A Positive Approach to Raising Kids
“Karen helps me feel like I actually know what I am doing raising my kids.”
– Stephen, Financial Planner and Father of 2
Greetings! I’m glad you are here!
I am Karen Lock Kolp, M.Ed., and I help you enjoy your parenting journey.
I mentor parents through the anxiety and challenges that raising a family brings.
Here you’ll find lots of resources to help you truly transform your life while raising young children, tweens, and teens.
I’ve helped thousands of parents thrive, and live the family life of their dreams.
Get my best advice for handling the challenges that come up on your parenting journey, through the We Turned Out Okay podcast:
Listen in your favorite podcatcher!
Here are a few choice spots:
“Karen, I can’t thank you enough for helping me turn my thinking around and build a solid foundation of positive discipline.”
Jennifer, Full-time working parent of 2 kids ages 6 and 8
Parenting Support Right to Your Inbox
Maintain your sanity as you raise your kiddos:
Get my best tools and ideas delivered right to your inbox!
Sign up for my (free) Parenting Newsletters:
“Building the relationship with a child development expert [has been the most useful thing in working with you Karen]. It is so helpful to know that you are there and can help.”
– Kristen, Project Manager and Mom of 2
I offer tons of personal support and help on your parenting journey!
Click the following button to write to me and see how I can help you:
“Karen, thank you for bringing such joy and peace to my life with your teachings. You have made my walk of becoming a great mom a lovely one.”
– Janean, Mom and Homemaker
Workshops and Trainings
Here are some recent insights shared by parents in our recent workshop, “Educating Happy Kids in the Pandemic”:
– “The relationship [with my child] needs to come first, before any learning can take place for them.”
– “I have been more forgiving of myself… It’s freeing.”
– “I’m finding new ways to “get my own stars [reward myself]”… I’m discovering that my self-care needs to not be a source of pressure for me.”
– “[After the pandemic is over] I will be more deliberate in our choices and how my family spends our time.”
I offer workshops and trainings on how parents can get crucial self-care while educating/caring for children, and getting their paid work done at the same time.
“[Working with Karen] is one of the best uses of my energy and time. Karen, thank you for all of your help! You have truly changed our lives and helped navigate some massive life changes and I am so grateful!”
– Nora, Full-time Working Parent and Single Mom of a highly spirited child
“It was a pretty challenging year adding a second child and handling all that comes with that and managing the three-year-old… Karen, you’ve been an incredible light in all of that, and I can’t thank you enough for helping me through a pretty dark patch. Looking forward to staying OUT of the dark in this year!”
– Celia, Mom of two kids under four years old
“I watched your [just-for-me] video. Thank you for your positive words, they are greatly appreciated Karen.”
– Tish, Full-time Working Parent and Mom of twin boys
I have been featured in the following places:
On Fix Yourself with Shannon Connery, PhD, talking about parenting in extremely challenging times
On Live Above The Noise, talking about what kids really need from us parents
The Authentic Parenting Podcast with Anna Seewald, talking about how the events of our childhood shape the rest of our lives
I believe the best kind of family life…
- Is possible, for every family.
- Takes your needs as a parent into consideration
- Doesn’t ignore the tough parts but instead addresses and resolves them.
I teach parents how to leave behind the bad, and embrace the good.
I have seen incredible transformation in those I work with.
Work with me to bring this transformation about for you and your family.
Click weturnedoutokay.com/contact and ask any questions you’ve got!
Let’s solve your biggest parenting challenges so you can thrive.