A Positive Approach to Raising Little Kids
Greetings! I’m glad you are here!
I am Karen Lock Kolp, M.Ed., and I help you enjoy your parenting journey.
I mentor parents through the anxiety and challenges that raising a family brings.
Here you’ll find lots of resources to help you truly transform your life while raising young children, tweens, and teens.
How to have a great 2021
As a child development expert and parent coach I have been thinking long and hard on what to offer that will have the most impact on the well-being of you and your family over the coming year.
I’ve come up with something exciting!
It’s called the 2021 Year of Empowerment Program, and I am putting all the details and information about it right here for you, at weturnedoutokay.com/empowerment.
I’ve helped thousands of parents thrive, and live the family life of their dreams.
Here is how I can help you:
1. Immediate Advice
Get my best advice for handling the challenges that come up on your parenting journey, through the We Turned Out Okay podcast:
Listen in your favorite podcatcher!
Here are a few choice spots:
2. Support, Accountability, and True Transformation
Recently I asked a coaching client “How can I help you?”
She responded “You can help me become aware of my resistance to change.”
So that’s what I’ve been helping with.
… And she is CRUSHING it.
She is transforming her experience with her tween daughter, in ways that she had never thought possible.
As a result of our work together this coaching client is:
– Strengthening her relationship with her daughter (instead of damaging it by clinging to what worked when her daughter was younger.)
– Being the example her daughter needs of how to live a good life (instead of enforcing old rules that no longer work.)
– Transforming her family life, enjoying time with her daughter and, crucially, time with herself.
I offer tons of personal support and help on your parenting journey!
Click the following button to learn more:
3. Workshops and Trainings
Here are some recent insights shared by parents in our recent workshop, “Educating Happy Kids in the Pandemic”:
– “The relationship [with my child] needs to come first, before any learning can take place for them.”
– “I have been more forgiving of myself… It’s freeing.”
– “I’m finding new ways to “get my own stars [reward myself]”… I’m discovering that my self-care needs to not be a source of pressure for me.”
– “[After the pandemic is over] I will be more deliberate in our choices and how my family spends our time.”
Parents working from home, while raising children, have had it especially tough during the coronavirus pandemic.
I offer workshops and trainings on how parents can get crucial self-care while educating/caring for children, and getting their paid work done at the same time.
Free Support Right to Your Inbox
Get support every week to help you maintain your sanity as you raise your kiddos!
Sign up for my Parenting Newsletters:
“[Working with Karen] is one of the best uses of my energy and time. Karen, thank you for all of your help! You have truly changed our lives and helped navigate some massive life changes and I am so grateful!”
– Nora, Full-time Working Parent and Single Mom of a highly spirited child
“It was a pretty challenging year adding a second child and handling all that comes with that and managing the three-year-old… Karen, you’ve been an incredible light in all of that, and I can’t thank you enough for helping me through a pretty dark patch. Looking forward to staying OUT of the dark in this year!”
– Celia, Mom of two kids under four years old
“Karen helps me feel like I actually know what I am doing.”
– Stephen, Financial Planner and Father of 2
“I watched your [just-for-me] video. Thank you for your positive words, they are greatly appreciated Karen.”
– Tish, Full-time Working Parent and Mom of twin boys
“Building the relationship with a child development expert [has been the most useful thing in working with Karen]. It is so helpful to know that you are there and can help.”
– Kristen, Project Manager and Mom of 2
I have been featured in the following places:
On Fix Yourself with Shannon Connery, PhD, talking about parenting in extremely challenging times
On Live Above The Noise, talking about what kids really need from us parents
The Authentic Parenting Podcast with Anna Seewald, talking about how the events of our childhood shape the rest of our lives
Meet Jen, a parent just like you
Jen is the mom of 2 daughters.
(Here they are : )
When we started working together back in 2017, Jen had spent quite a bit of time on the Internet, more or less randomly looking for information about how to get her family life on a good track.
As my guest in podcast episode 288, Jen shares about that time: “I didn’t feel like I had control over the direction our family was going.”
Jen shares about how working closely with me has been truly transformative – for her, and her family.
I believe the best kind of family life…
- Is possible, for every family.
- Takes your needs as a parent into consideration
- Doesn’t ignore the tough parts but instead addresses and resolves them.
I teach parents how to leave behind the bad, and embrace the good.
I have seen incredible transformation in those I work with.
Work with me to bring this transformation about for you and your family.
Click here to learn more about how I could be helpful for you.
Or, click weturnedoutokay.com/contact and ask any questions you’ve got!
Let’s solve your biggest parenting challenges so you can thrive.