As life partners, we all have some disagreements.
But what if you feel like your disagreements are interfering in family life?
That’s what this episode is all about, so if you’re worrying about any of this you’re in the right place!
I’ve got 3 ways to get your spouse on the same page as you are.
Plus: in Parenting News, we consider coding as one of the academic 3Rs.
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/274 for:
- A cheat sheet of the 3 ways discussed today
- Links to a whole bunch of good stuff, including the key links talked about today and free potty training and temper tantrum free guides
- The video of the week: “My spouse isn’t on board with how I’m raising our kids”
And thank you so much for listening!
Live Q&A and Open House Tour
Ever wished you could check out the private coaching community that I run for parents of young children?
Do you have questions about if it could work for you, even in your busy, insane life and with whatever technical skills you possess (especially if you feel like they’re not very good)?
You’re in luck! On Thursday, April 25 at 1 PM EST I am throwing open the doors to the Ninja Parenting Community!
I’m taking you right inside, and showing you:
– What our members love about it
– How the community helps parents turn family time into “the best time of the day”
– And I’m taking questions too!
It’s free… I’m so excited to bring you in and show you around!
It’s live… But even if you can’t be there live, signing up gets you the replay so you can rewatch as many times as you like.
It’s where my heart and soul is… because I get to work closely with so many amazing parents.
Don’t miss out on discovering this secret to happy parenting…
Click weturnedoutokay.com/tour to sign up!
Cheat sheet on getting your spouse on board
1) Share your vision.
Give your partner a good sense of what you want for your children, and why you want it. This is an often-overlooked step, which is pretty well the key to all the rest.
2) Use a safe word to take discussions away from the children
Ben and I have one, and it’s saved our bacon so many times.
3) Enlist outside help.
Marital therapy, parent coaching, or some other form of outside help that involves an actual human being, not just a book or an app.
Make the investment. During today’s episode I share about the huge problems Ben and I used to experience around money, and how a financial planner helped us SO much. There is someone out there for you. Make the investment.
Temper Tantrums and Potty Training:
Today I share about two helpful free guides I offer.
While the podcast is long-form – your opportunity to look into the mind of a child development expert – the free guides are super quick.
You can watch the video, read the checklist, and immediately handle the temper tantrums or get started with potty training (depending on which guide you choose : )
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to handle every temper tantrum
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to successfully potty train your child
- Want to receive valuable ideas and tips on parenting, without either free guide above? Click here for my weekly parenting newsletter!
Click here for the essay on teaching coding to young children which I read from during the break, in the Parenting News segment of today’s show.
If you’ve got a comment to share about today’s Parent News segment, or you have an item that you want me to discuss on an upcoming show, click weturnedoutokay.com/contact.
Click here for the bonus episode where I ask you a quick question (which is, “what’s your biggest parenting challenge?”)
Click here for episode 221, my conversation with our financial planner, Steven Taylor, on money, kids, and so much else.
In the WTOO Universe
Join the private WTOO Facebook group… Click here!
The Facebook group is where I do our Magic Words for Parents Facebook live every Monday 🙂
Click here for my channel in YouTube, where you’ll find helpful videos (like this one on what to do when your child is jumping on the couch for your attention, at the worst possible time.)
My latest book, 10 Secrets Happy Parents Know, is officially out!!
Click here to read more!
“I am feeling able to handle this! I truly cannot thank you enough.”
– NPC Member & Mom of 3YO Boy
What’s frustrating you right now in your parenting?
Kids cut us in so many ways. But change is possible! Learn to truly enjoy family time by joining the Ninja Parenting Community!
Membership in our exclusive parent coaching community helps you through:
- Live, members-only calls where you get solutions to your toughest parenting challenges
- Courses on everything from stopping sibling rivalry to what to do instead of spanking, including the complete Successful Potty Training Under Pressure course
With all that and more, we have got you covered!
Join the Ninja Parenting Community today and make the time you spend with your young children your favorite time!
Get Help in our Private Coaching Community Today