A conversation with Audrey Monke is always welcome, even more so when she’s written a book that can fix so many of the worries we confront on a daily basis. Which this one totally is!
If you’re worried about:
– How to keep your kids close while giving them their independence
– If they’ll ever make friends, and what might happen to them if they don’t
– How in heck they will develop the skills necessary to make it in this world
You are going to LOVE our conversation!
Also: included in this episode is the first installment of Parenting News, a segment highlighting one news item that seems worthy of your attention.
Today’s is all about young boys and Fortnite, and if you should be concerned about video-game addiction.
Got some news that you want me to bring up in a future Parenting News? Click here and let me know!
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/273 for:
- A cheat sheet of ideas from our conversation
- Links, including a special one to Audrey’s book, Happy Campers
- The video of the week: “How to help your child make a friend”
And thank you so much for listening!
Live Q&A and Open House Tour
Ever wished you could check out the private coaching community that I run for parents of young children?
Do you have questions about if it could work for you, even in your busy, insane life and with whatever technical skills you possess (especially if you feel like they’re not very good)?
You’re in luck! On Thursday, April 25 I am throwing open the doors to the Ninja Parenting Community!
I’m taking you right inside, and showing you:
– What our members love about it
– How the community helps parents turn family time into “the best time of the day”
– And I’m taking questions too!
It’s free… I’m so excited to bring you in and show you around!
It’s live… But even if you can’t be there live, signing up gets you the replay so you can rewatch as many times as you like.
It’s where my heart and soul is… because I get to work closely with so many amazing parents.
Don’t miss out on discovering this secret to happy parenting…
Click weturnedoutokay.com/tour to sign up!
Cheat sheet on favorite ideas from our conversation
1) “Kids really are happier at camp.”
Audrey shares that this is because they can feel like themselves, they’re not beholden to anyone else’s agenda.
2) “Parents need to show kids that they can have their own adventures, too.”
I love when Audrey brings this up in our conversation. We need to model living a good life for our kids, and part of that is going out into the world and having adventures.
3) “We only need one or two close friends.”
Sometimes we might mistakenly have the idea that our kids need to be “popular.” Audrey debunks this myth, and shares about some great ways to help our kids make those close friends.
Temper Tantrums and Potty Training:
Today I share about two helpful free guides I offer.
While the podcast is long-form – your opportunity to look into the mind of a child development expert – the free guides are super quick.
You can watch the video, read the checklist, and immediately handle the temper tantrums or get started with potty training (depending on which guide you choose : )
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to handle every temper tantrum
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to successfully potty train your child
- Want to receive valuable ideas and tips on parenting, without either free guide above? Click here for my weekly parenting newsletter!
Click here or go to happycampersbook.com to preorder Happy Campers, and to check out Audrey’s website.
Click here for Beth Teitell’s Boston Globe article on Fortnite and videogame addiction, which comes up during the pre-interview portion of today’s episode.
Click here for the link to Cal Newport’s wonderful book, Digital Minimalism, to help you combat the above.
Come take a tour of the private coaching community I run for parents of young children: I’m throwing open the doors on Thursday, April 25, and you are invited to come check it out!
Click here to sign up (even if you can’t be there live, you can watch the replay : )
In the WTOO Universe
Join the private WTOO Facebook group… Click here!
The Facebook group is where I do our Magic Words for Parents Facebook live every Monday 🙂
Click here for my channel in YouTube, where you’ll find helpful videos (like this one on what to do when your child is jumping on the couch for your attention, at the worst possible time.)
My latest book, 10 Secrets Happy Parents Know, is officially out!!
Click here to read more!
“I am feeling able to handle this! I truly cannot thank you enough.”
– NPC Member & Mom of 3YO Boy
What’s frustrating you right now in your parenting?
Kids cut us in so many ways. But change is possible! Learn to truly enjoy family time by joining the Ninja Parenting Community!
Membership in our exclusive parent coaching community helps you through:
- Live, members-only calls where you get solutions to your toughest parenting challenges
- Courses on everything from stopping sibling rivalry to what to do instead of spanking, including the complete Successful Potty Training Under Pressure course
With all that and more, we have got you covered!
Join the Ninja Parenting Community today and make the time you spend with your young children your favorite time!
Get Help in our Private Coaching Community Today