HEADS UP: At the top of the show, we say we’re going to tell you if we go into PG-13 territory. In the second half of this episode, I share about being sexually abused at age 7. You may want to listen away from your littles, or with headphones.
“Is it shyness or bad manners?” When a member of our private coaching community asked this question during a live members-only call recently, I knew I needed to get you a show about handling stranger anxiety.
We’ve got 12 ways for you to handle your child’s stranger anxiety… and we talk about how stranger anxiety isn’t necessarily a bad thing.
I hope this is a helpful episode as you head into the holiday season, and your young child is meeting lots of new people!
Temper Tantrums and Potty Training:
During today’s break I share about two wonderful free guides I offer.
While the podcast is long-form – your opportunity to look into the mind of a child development expert – the free guides are quick-and-effective.
You can watch the video, read the checklist, and immediately handle the temper tantrums or get started with potty training (depending on which guide you choose : )
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to handle every temper tantrum
- Click here for the FREE video and checklist to successfully potty train your child
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/254 for:
- A cheat sheet on the 12 ways to handle stranger anxiety
- Links to the articles I quote from today
- The link to the WTOO Facebook page where Wednesday 12/12 I’m doing a Facebook live Ask Me Anything to kick off the launch of my latest book, 10 Secrets Happy Parents Know, officially out today!!
- The video of the week: “My child is anxious around new people”
And thank you so much for listening! Continue reading ““Is it shyness or bad manners?” 12 Ways to handle your child’s stranger anxiety | Podcast Episode 254″