You’ll love today’s conversation
if you look at your little kids and can’t imagine how they could possibly become functioning – never mind happy or successful – adults.
Dad and author Jonathan Greene shares wisdom, and great stories, with us today!
Our conversation is all about how Jonathan went from being a latchkey kid – who was routinely mugged, and didn’t let it bother him – to a hovering father of young children.
Today he’s a dad of teens who’s formed really great bonds with his son and daughter, and shares today about the choices he made that helped develop those bonds.
Go to weturnedoutokay.com/243 for this week’s YouTube video about what to do when your child is sneaking candy and treats that they know are off limits, for the podcast back catalog and all the great links that come up in today’s episode.
And thanks for listening!
Shout out to all you We Turned Out Okay Patreon patrons!
Patrons get exclusive content, EXTRA Magic Words for Parents videos, early access to my forthcoming book, Your Child Explained Vol 1, and lots more help and advice that regular listeners can only dream of.
Click Patreon.com/weturnedoutokay to find out how you can get these benefits too!
Links from today’s conversation:
3) Click here for my conversation with Gift of Failure author Jessica Lahey, episode 134 of We Turned Out Okay.
5) Click here for the podcast I just started, More Than Just a School, all about teens, tweens, and learning. I’m on a quest to find out what works in secondary education… and what doesn’t… and WHY. The More Than Just a School podcast comes up because it turns out that Jonathan Greene holds the same disdain for standardized, one-size-fits-all, drill-and-kill education that I do : )
Links in the We Turned Out Okay Universe
If you need practical advice to deal with your child’s bad behavior, work closely with me and learn some fantastic Parent Ninja Tactics so you can feel happy inside and truly enjoy family time… join the Ninja Parenting Community! Click here.
Click here for the We Turned Out Okay Facebook PAGE – where I do a Magic Words for Parents Facebook live each and every Monday at 10:30 AM!
And click here for the EXTRA Magic Words videos exclusively for We Turned Out Okay Patreon patrons.
Click here for the Karen Lock Kolp page in YouTube, where you’ll find the ever-growing playlists of Magic Words for Parents. and other helpful videos (like this one on what to do when your child is jumping on the couch for your attention, at the worst possible time.)
If you get good value from We Turned Out Okay, please rate and review the show! That helps others find us, so they can get good help too.
Click here to give us a quick rating and 1-sentence review in Apple, and thanks!
What’s frustrating you right now in your parenting?
If you need help feeling truly happy inside as you are raising your young children, come and join us in the private coaching community where I help parents like you change their mindset – and their child’s behavior – for the better every day.
NPC Parent Coaching Community Membership helps you through:
– Live, members-only calls where you get solutions to your toughest parenting challenges
– Courses on everything from stopping sibling rivalry to what to do instead of spanking
– Parent Coaching Calls that members call “the most helpful part of my Ninja Parenting Community membership”
With all that and more, we have got you covered!
Join the Ninja Parenting Community today and make the time you spend with your young children your favorite time!
Get Help in our Private Coaching Community Today